My other resolution for the past year has been to increase my intake of vegetables.
Therefore salads are another topic of food interest.
As usual, my go to recipe site would usually be Jamie Oliver for inspiration.
Which I modified according to what ingredients I have in the Kitchen.
I will be substituting White Wine Vinegar with Lemon Juice.
The French Beans with Snow Peas.
And omitting the use of capers.
Ingredients (1 Serving)
1 handful of Snow Peas, ends removed
1 tsp Whole French mustard
1 tbsp Lemon Juice (Depends on your preference)
1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix the mustard and lemon juice, shallots and garlic in a bowl.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring a pan of water to a fast boil, add your beans, blanch for 2-3minutes.
- Drain vegetables.
- While the beans are still hot, drizzle with Olive Oil, and add in the condiment mixture.
- Toss with hands, serve warm on a plate.
I served this with a Mirin Glazed Salmon.
The refreshing sweetness from the Snow peas, the slightly sour sharpness of the salad mix to balance the salty sweet of the fish.
TIP from Jamie:
“.. a hot bean will take on more of the wonderful dressing than a cold one. It is best to serve the beans warm, not cold, and certainly not at fridge temperature because the flavours will be muted and boring.”