Here’s a summary of my kitchen forays.
As I attempt to cook a delicious meal when I am in the mood, inspired by a certain recipe or craving.
I started out the album to also encourage myself to begin finding my way back to an interest from young, to improve my rusty cooking skills.
LINK to my FB Cooking Album (Since 2010) – Practice makes Perfect!.
- Caramelised Apple & Fig Crepes
- Orange Bread Butter Pudding
- French Toast w/ Fresh Strawberry Balsamic Compote
- Kueh Dardar (Peranakan) – Coconut Pandan Flavoured Crepes with Gula Melaka Coconut stuffing
- Nigella Lawson’s Mirin Pan Fried Salmon w/ Snow Pea Salad
- Baked Salmon w/ Tofu and Soba
- Beef Stew w/ Dumplings & Mash
- Kimchi chicken stir fry
- Baked sweet potatoes, Fried Chicken and Garlic Basil pesto pasta
- Japanese Curry Rice w/ Lady Fingers (Okra) and Chicken Wings
PASTA & NOODLES
- Tempura with Soba in Hot Broth
- Cold Soba
- Mint and Edamame Wholewheat Spaghetti Carbonara
- Mushroom mince pork noodles with Fried Wantons
- Avocado Salsa with Seared Prawns and Penne
- Italian Pasta Salad, Pan Fried Chicken with Olive Oil & Thyme, Mashed Sweet Potatos
- Portobello Mushroom Sphaghetti w/ Pan Fry Salmon
- Fried Vermicelli with thin sliced Egg Omelette
- Chicken Mushroom homestyle Carbonara
- Jamie Oliver’s Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara with Lemon Zest
- Chilli Roast Pork with Mango Salsa and Parsley Coconut Rice
- Sweet and Sour Mango Salsa w/ Spiced rice and Chillied Dory
- Homemade Singaporean Chicken Rice
- 煲仔鸡饭 Singaporean Claypot Chicken Rice
- Vegetable Cream Soup w/ Garlic Parsley Pistou
- Italian Chicken Soup w/ Linguine
- Carrot Tomato Puree soup with Meatballs and Pesto
- ‘Topshell’ (Cockles) Salad
- Grilled chicken Pesto pasta Salad
- Strawberry, Honey Sakura Tomatoes and Holoumi Salad
- Avocado Salsa
- Tomato Egg (Hong Kong Inspired Home Dish)
- Minced Pork Stri Fried Brinjal (Eggplant)
- Homemade Sun Dried Tomatoes and Chickpea Hummus
- Battered Eggplant w/ a Mint Yoghurt dip
Many times I cook by feelings and estimated taste gauges like how my mother and grandmother does in the kitchen.
With the growing emphasis on healthy eating and raising food costs that could sometimes discourage home cooking, my objective is to encourage more home made food and a skill somehow forsaken by busy females nowadays in urban Singapore.
Although I don’t consider myself an experienced home cook yet. I believe that every action made and visual impact would inspire at times as it did for me many times in life.
Sometimes recipes to even document certain memories.
I will gradually try to blog more about the food I had tried out and the recipes if available.
I would love to be in touch and exchange cooking tips and recipes!